If you’ve heard about CNN, you definitely are searching for ways to keep up with its breaking news and latest updates. This service is also available to download on Kodi.
Kodi is an open-source media player that has an entertainment center. This entertainment center offers repositories that you can install. Repos include add ons that allow you to stream various media content by scraping links online.
Although CNN add-ons are found on Kodi, you wouldn’t find a livestreaming add-ons or even normal add-ons available in some countries. Therefore, this guide will show you some recommended strategies on how to watch CNN live on Kodi on your mac, FireStick, Raspberry Pi, PC, or Android. This starts by using a VPN.
How can I install CNN on Kodi?
The CNN add on is found on Kodi’s official repositories, and you can install it by following these steps:
- Launch your Kodi application and then click on Add-ons.
- On top left side of the screen, click on the “Little package” icon.
- Click on “install from repository” à “video add-ons”.
- Select CNN from the list and click install.
- Wait for the download to finish. Once you get the “Add-on” notification, head to home screen à Add-ons à Video Add-ons àCNN
And hence, you will have the CNN kodi add-on with all that it offers!
What is the difference between Kodi add-on and repository?
Repositories in Kodi stores contain various Kodi builds and add-ons. Kodi builds are bundles of add-ons that also contain customizable options for your Kodi app. Add-ons, on the other hand, are the ones you install to stream or scrape links online.
Why can’t I access the CNN add-on?
Some Kodi Add-ons are only found in specific countries including UK, Australia, Canada, USA, and Germany. To bypass these geo-restrictions, you need to install a VPN.
What is a VPN?
Short for Virtual Private Network, this service is one of the greatest to hide and to protect your online identity. Your device is usually provided with an IP address that locates it geographically. This IP address however makes you vulnerable to a lot of cyber threats. Some of these threats include malware, IP tracking and throttling from your internet service provider.
While using an app like Kodi, you need your internet to have flawless speed. Therefore, your ISP can track your online activity and limit your bandwidth spending. With a VPN, you can avoid these annoyances by changing your IP address. At the same time, you can use the VPN to bypass geo-restrictions and connect to countries where CNN works.
Importance of Using a VPN
Having a VPN offers a lot of different services while also allowing you to bypass geo-restrictions. Even if you don’t plan on streaming, you need to use a VPN for the following reasons:
This service secures all of your information and protects your confidential ones. For example, if you’re a person working in a field with sensitive information, you certainly wouldn’t want a server accessing your information publicly. This is because many hackers and criminals steal your info and sells them to third parties or using them for marketing purposes.
Keeping you IP address public means that you’re exposing your browsing and whole internet traffic into the world. This is where a VPN comes into play; a VPN encrypts your traffic data and secures your connection from these threats. Using a VPN while streaming CNN on Kodi protects you from these cyber threats. Even if you’re using scraped links from the internet, you will not face any danger of malware or hacking.
VPNs usually have an AES 256-bit encryption, which gives you an extra layer of privacy and security while protecting your information. This military-grade encryption allows you to feel secure while using unofficial add-ons on Kodi.
By using a VPN, you’re changing your IP address which tricks your ISP and website servers by locating you in the specific country of the server you chose. This will give you even access to geo-restricted options which are normally blocked due to copyrights and licensing policies. Hence, in the case of CNN, you can install the add-on and enjoy streaming CNN on Kodi with no worries.
With VPNs, you can simply watch CNN on Kodi with your new IP address. You can scroll anonymously through the web knowing that a VPN service will not sell your information to third parties or to the authorities. Most VPNs have a zero-logs policy which means that they won’t even log your information in the first place. This will provide you with a bubble of safety and security while streaming, gaming or anything else on the internet. You can feel free to stream CNN on Kodi without any worries.
Which VPN should I choose?
Here are our top picks for you:
NordVPN is one of the most popular VPNs in the market. It is suitable for streaming because of its 5200+ servers in more than 60 countries. NordVPN gives its users a lot of customer value in streaming due to its:
- Web unblocking features that allow you to work globally without worrying about: “Sorry this service isn’t available in your country.” This means that its servers are optimized for streaming services like CNN.
- High- speed streaming with a 115 Mbps and 4K UHD Video Streaming Support which shows a reliable performing speed for streaming and gaming.
- A kill switch to prevent data breaches, military grade encryption and zero-logs policy. This ensures your constant privacy while browsing the internet.
- Availability. This service works on a great deal of platforms varying from Firestick, Linux, to Windows, macOS, iOS, android and windows. It also offers 6 simultaneous connections which you can use in your household.
- 30-day money back guarantee and around the clock customer service.
Surfshark VPN offers reliable service even though it is the newest VPN in the market. It has since then gained popularity because of its many features.
Surfshark VPN offers unlimited simultaneous connections so that you can use it on unlimited devices. Furthermore, with more than 3,000 servers you can connect to any server and bypass geo-restrictions with CNN.
It also offers many IP address so that you can connect to Kodi without worrying about cyber threats or tracking. Furthermore, Surfshark VPN offers Cleanweb which is its anti-malware feature that also blocks ads.
The greatest advantage of CyberghostVPN is its extreme easy-to-use service. This VPN for geo-blocks allows you to speedy servers and immediate connections with 38+ million users from around the world.
Because of its steady and reliable speed, you’ll enjoy good streaming speed on Kodi and fast download with its availability in 90+ countries. All you have to do is choose a server where CNN is available and connect to it.
CyberGhostVPN also offers an automatic kill switch which protects you from IP leaks and data breaches. You can try Cyberghost for 45 days before deciding whether to commit to it or not.
Express has also proven to be suitable for passing geo-restrictions with its different featured services including:
- User-friendliness operating on different platforms including macOS, iOS, Firestick, Windows, Android,
- Exclusive speed (88 Mbps, 3000+ servers in 90+ countries)
- Safety & security because of its DNS protection and prevention of IP leaks.
- Privacy and anonymous working with its zero-logs policy.
- A kill switch which cuts off your connection to prevent data breaches.
- Unlimited bandwidth which is suitable for streaming CNN on Kodi.
- 30-day money back guarantee and constant offers.
How to Activate your VPN
To activate your VPN to stream CNN, you simply need to follow these instructions:
- Visit the website of your chosen VPN service.
- Choose the bundle that suits you best and enter your payment information to subsribe.
- Signup and create an account using a username and a password.
- Download the app or client on your device.
- Sign in after activating your account from your email.
- Configure the VPN on your device and launch the application.
- Choose one of the locations where the add-ons are available and connect to its server.
Hence, you can now stream CNN using a VPN and enjoy the livestream of news and media!
Conclusion – Stream CNN using a VPN
To sum it up, if you want to stream CNN on Kodi, you need to use a VPN. A VPN protects and secures your internet data from cyber threats. These cyber threats include IP throttling, malware and DDoS attacks. You may face identity theft or even credit card theft if you aren’t careful.
Hence, a VPN can encrypt your traffic and allow you to feel safe while scraping links from a Kodi add-on. Another benefit of a VPN is that it allows you to bypass geo-restrictions on the CNN app. To use the CNN app on Kodi, you need to bypass the geo-bans and therefore connect to a suitable server.
By installing a VPN on Kodi, you can install whichever add-on you need including CNN and enjoy your streaming.