Netflix is one of the most popular streaming services out there. It has 209 million subscribers around the world. Netflix has a large library of titles available from films to TV shows and a variety of genres. However, the library you get on Netflix depends on your geographical location. It is interesting to know that 64% of Netflix subscribers reside out the United States.
The United States Netflix library has the largest number of content up to 5,800 media files. Unfortunately people outside the U.S cannot access this content because of copyright laws. A lot of the media content has copyrights that limit themselves to the United States region. Hence, if you live anywhere else in the world, you might notice that your Netflix library is lacking.
To solve this issue and bypass geo-restrictions, you can use a VPN service. Not only does a VPN unblock geo-bans and help you access Netflix in the U.S, but it also speeds up your connection. One VPN service that you can use to stream Netflix is Surfshark VPN.
- What is Surfshark?
- What are other benefits of Surfshark?
- How can I activate Surfshark?
- What Netflix libraries can I choose?
- Which Netflix Library should I choose?
- Is Surfshark fast enough for Netflix?
- VPN stopped working with Netflix, what should I do?
- What is Surfshark’s smart DNS?
- Conclusion – Use Surfshark VPN for Netflix
What is Surfshark?
Surfshark, a Virtual Private Network, is a service that changes your IP address to a different one using a server. In order to bypass Netflix geo-bans and stream all the available media content, you need to connect to a U.S server. This happens by downloading Surfshark VPN, choosing a server and hitting connect.
Hence, this connects your network to the VPN and changes your IP address. Also, Surfshark reroutes your data through its own speedy servers which help speed up your own connection.
What are other benefits of Surfshark?
Keeping your IP address public means that you’re displaying your information to hackers, malware, your internet service provider, the government, or any other cyber threat. Surfshark offers its users a zero-logs policy which means that your information is not even logged by the servers. You can browse the internet safely without worrying about the aforementioned threats.
- Security & Encryption
Surfshark has an AES-256 encryption, which is a military grade encryption. This gives you an extra layer of security and ensures that your data is encrypted. By having your data go through Surfshark’s servers, you make sure that hackers cannot latch onto your network. Also, you can avoid denial of service attacks because your data goes through different servers and hence hackers cannot flood your network.
- Faster internet
Surfshark uses optimized servers for streaming. This means that these servers were made to harbor a speedy and quick connection. Therefore, you can use Surfshark VPN to stream Netflix without worrying about lags or latency. Also, the closer the server gets to your geographical location, the faster the streaming gets. Hence, you can connect to a server closer to your region to ensure speediness and agility.
- Access to the geo-restricted Netflix Library
Connecting to a VPN server means your IP address will change. This means that your device will then appear in the respective geographical location of the server you chose. This allows you to switch your location once you’re faced with Netflix’s geo-restrictions due to licensing and copyright laws. All you have to do is select a U.S server and connect to it. The U.S IP address tricks the Netflix servers and you will then have access to the U.S library.
How can I activate Surfshark?
To activate your Surfshark VPN and stream Netflix, all you have to do is:
- Go to the Surfshark VPN website and create an account.
- Choose a subscription package that suits your needs.
- Download the Surfshark application or client on your device.
- Log in with the information you used.
- Choose a United States server and connect to it.
What Netflix libraries can I choose?
It’s important to note that Surfshark doesn’t provide a Netflix subscription Surfshark speeds up your connection while streaming Netflix and also unblocks its geo-bans.
Surfshark has unblocked Netflix libraries in 14 countries, they are:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- Turkey, and
Which Netflix Library should I choose?
Choosing a suitable server might be difficult, but you’ll have to choose a library that suits your needs. Also, if you’re trying to get faster streaming and less glitching, you’ll need to choose a server that’s closer to your location.
But, if you’re looking for greater access and bypassing geo-blocks, then choose a server in a country that has a huge Netflix library such as the United States.
Is Surfshark fast enough for Netflix?
Netflix has specific speed requirements including:
- 0.5 Megabits per second – Required broadband connection speed
- 1.5 Megabits per second – Recommended broadband connection speed
- 3.0 Megabits per second – Recommended for SD quality
- 25 Megabits per second – Recommended for Ultra HD quality
With various testing involved, we conclude that Surfshark reaches the speeds that Netflix demands. You can be at peace knowing that you won’t face lagging issues.
VPN stopped working with Netflix, what should I do?
If Surfshark VPN ever stops working with Netflix, you can follow these steps:
- Find another country which has the same available show or movie you’re looking for. For this, you can visit unogs.com which’ll show you where the shows are available in each and every country.
- Find another server in the same country.
- Restart your router. Clearing your cache might grant you access to websites you couldn’t use previously. Do this and reload Netflix.
- Use the IKEv2 protocol in Surfshark’s advanced settings and try streaming the same content again.
- Contact the customer support team via live chat or email and ask them for alternative servers you can use.
What is Surfshark’s smart DNS?
A smart DNS is a proxy server that works on changing your DNS address into a different one to bypass geo-blocked websites. The best advantage is the extremely speedy connection since here the only changed thing is the DNS.
This is unlike a VPN service which changes your entire data and IP address. Therefore, this is suitable for devices that don’t have VPNs such as Apple TVs.
Conclusion – Use Surfshark VPN for Netflix
In summary, Surfshark VPN is a speedy and reliable VPN service that can bypass the tough Netflix geo-bans. These geo-bans happen because of copyright laws that are present on media content. Hence, you cannot watch the media content available in the U.S Netflix library in another region.
To bypass this geo-ban, you need to use Surfshark VPN. Surfshark VPN unblocks Netflix in more than 14 countries and also guarantees speed while doing it.