Kodi is an open-source media player application software that serves as an alternative to paying for cable channels. With Kodi, you get an entertainment center that offers endless streaming services, podcasts, music and more. Kodi also allows you to share files with anyone in your household.
Therefore, your household members can access, store and stream media files. This feature is helpful because it makes entertainment accessible and simple to navigate. Furthermore, Kodi guarantees constant improvement because it has an efficient feedback system. It also uses third-party addons and builds. A Kodi build is a bundle of addons in one package.
It contains all the addons, customizable skins and themes in one installation button. Kodi builds allow you to scrape links from anywhere so you can choose your preferred quality. They are also compatible with iOS, Windows, MAC and Android platforms.
These addons and builds allow you to access a variety of media files but also cause a security issue. This is due to the lack of copyright with their content. Kodi is compatible with most devices including Windows, Mac, Linux, Android platforms, Apple TV, Firestick and more.
What is Blaze?
The Blaze is a Kodi build that you can find in the Blazin Streams Repository. You can install the Blaze repo from an external provider because it is not available on the official Kodi repository.
If you are a fan of music and music videos, then the Blaze Build is perfect for you. It contains several music genres and also all of the latest hits. Some of the music genres include Country, Classic Rock, R&B, Heavy Metal and Rap. Other than music, the Blaze Build also has TV shows, movies, cartoons, sports, live TV and documentaries.
Furthermore, the Blaze repo works best on Kodi versions17.6 krypton and Leia 18.8. This build is compatible on your smart phones, computers, smart TVs, Firestick and Android platforms.
Some of the best Blaze features are:
- Straightforward and easy-to-navigate interface. It comes with several skins to customize and organize your interface however you want.
- A large amount of content including all sorts of media.
- Allows you to get links from outside sources therefore you can choose the streaming quality of your media.
- Uses a low amount of memory and therefore won’t be a nuisance if you are low on storage space.
The Blaze Build also has the following addons:
- The crew
- The Magic Dragon
- Mad Titan
- Vision of Destiny
How to Install Blaze repo on Kodi
As mentioned earlier, you need to install the Blaze build from an external source on Kodi.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open Kodi and launch it on your chosen device.
- Go to ‘Settings’ which is located at the top-left corner of your home screen and then access the ‘System’ button.
- Open the ‘System’ menu options and select ‘Addons’.
- Click on ‘Unknown Sources’.
- After that, you will receive a warning dialog box. Click on the ‘YES’ option.
- Go back to the Kodi home screen page.
- Click on ‘Settings’ again and open the menu. From there, select ‘File Manager’.
- Scroll down through ‘File Manager’ and click on ‘Add Source’.
- Next, click on ‘NONE’ and then click on ‘OK’.
- On the dialog box that appears, type in the following: http://blazinstreams.com/wiz and then hit ‘OK’.
- After that, you will see a dialog box that says “Enter a name for this media source”. Name it blaze-build and then click on ‘OK’.
- Return to the Kodi home screen page.
- From there, navigate down and click on ‘Addons’.
- When you open Addons, select the settings icon.
- Click on ‘Install from zip file’.
- Locate the file you named blaze-build and click on ‘zip.file plugin.program.blazinstreams.zip’.
- Wait for the installation to finish. This usually takes a few minutes.
- After the download is complete, a new window pop-up will appear. Click on ‘Continue’ and then select the ‘Build menu’.
- Select the ‘blaze-build’.
- Click on ‘Install’ and then choose ‘Fresh Install’.
- Click ‘YES’ and wait for the download to complete.
- Restart your Kodi app and enjoy your Blaze build!
After that, just open your Kodi application after the restart. The blaze build will launch automatically. You can then navigate the interface and choose whatever you want to watch or listen to.
Using a VPN with Kodi
Using the internet these days especially for gaming or streaming is dangerous. This is because you are vulnerable to security breaches and attacks. Many criminals flood your traffic with malware or attacks meant to disrupt and steal your information. Therefore, the simplest solution is to use a VPN with Kodi.
A VPN offers upmost security when it comes to protecting your online data and identity. If you are streaming online content especially from third-party addons, you might risk data breaches and identity theft. A VPN protects you from all that by encrypting your data with military-grade encryption. It also reroutes your data through its own secure and remote servers. Most VPNs also come with anti-malware features that block malware and ads.
In addition to cyber threats, your internet service provider can limit your bandwidth amount. This means that you cannot stream as much content as you’d like. Your ISP throttles your connection and this leads to extreme lagging while streaming on Kodi.
A VPN changes your IP address which means that your ISP can no longer track your online activity. Also, many VPNs offer unlimited bandwidth so you can enjoy as much streaming as you’d like. You can therefore enjoy lag-free television and streaming content with no buffering or network latency.
Another benefit that a VPN offers is bypassing geo-restrictions. With streaming services like Netflix or Hulu, you get a limited amount of movies and TV shows depending on your region. With a VPN, you can get through these restrictions easily. A reliable VPN has specific features to bypass geo-limitations.
It changes your IP address and allows you to choose between thousands of servers. You can find servers from all around the world. Subsequently, you can enjoy media content from the entire globe. Furthermore, if you need to access more Kodi addons and repositories, you will need a VPN service.
Some Kodi addons are blocked and therefore, you need a VPN to bypass these restrictions. All you have to do is choose a VPN service, download the VPN client, subscribe and connect to a server.
Conclusion – Blaze repo on Kodi
Kodi is a media player that offers a variety of media from TV shows to live TV. It has an entertainment center that also constantly improves because of the feedback options available. You can send your thoughts or criticisms on Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
Moreover, Kodi builds include a large number of addons, skins and layovers to facilitate your streaming experience. The blaze build is one of those builds. It is available from an external source and therefore needs the above guide.
However, after the installation process, you get to enjoy thousands of hours of music videos and TV shows. Make sure to use a VPN with Kodi to guarantee your security online and to bypass geo-restrictions and access more media content.