The VPN market has only gotten bigger throughout the years. The reason for this is the continuous need for cyber security and protection from various issues you might face online.
For example, if you are a gamer or a streamer, you might face lags, identity theft and IP throttling. With a VPN service, you can change your IP address to shield you from these issues. Also, you can bypass geo-restricted content by changing your IP address and connecting to other servers in different regions.
The process of downloading a VPN is easy and accessible. The most recent VPN in the market is Surfshark VPN. This VPN shocked the VPN market by gaining popularity in a very short time. Surfshark has a special application for your FireStick TV.
This application includes a kill switch also specific for Fire Stick TV. Along with that, Surfshark also offers many advantages which we will discuss down below.
Advantages of Surfshark on Firestick
Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
Many VPNs limit their users by offering only a few simultaneous device connections. Meanwhile, Surfshark presents its users with unlimited device connections. This VPN is the only VPN out there with this option. It means that you can connect your Fire TV Stick along with other devices with no trouble.
Unlimited Bandwidth on Firestick
Not only does Surfshark offer unlimited connections, but also unlimited bandwidth. Forget about the irritating IP throttling which limits your streaming. With Surfshark, you can enjoy as much bandwidth as you want while streaming and watching on your Firestick TV. You can also use this feature to share your account with any family members so they too can enjoy streaming.
Another popular feature that Surfshark offers is its anti-malware and adblocker feature. This feature blocks all ads and has over a million website on their blocklist. This helps you avoid malicious websites and attempts of phishing. Moreover, CleanWeb saves up on data and speeds up your browser because ads end up using a lot of bandwidth.
We already mentioned the kill switch that Surfshark offers. This feature is especially useful because it offers an extra layer of protection when you are streaming. Basically, if the VPN disconnects, a kill switch cuts off your internet connection. This prevents data and IP leaks.
Surfshark has 3,200+ servers all around the globe. This helps you bypass geo-restricted content no matter where the content is. For example, if you want to access Hulu, you have to live in the U.S. With Surfshark, you can bypass the geo-limitations that Hulu has in it. Surfshark also bypasses the VPN bans that block most VPN services.
Surfshark uses 256-bit encryption which is military grade encryption to protect your internet traffic. It also has affordable prices with a $2.49 per month subscription rate and it offers a 30-day money back guarantee. There is also a 7-day free trail available. If you are not sure that you want to subscribe, you can try it out first.
Now that we’ve discussed all the features and advantages of Surfshark, we will guide you on how to install Surfshark on your Firestick TV.
How to Install Surfshark on Firestick
- Launch your Firestick TV and go to the search bar.
- Type in ‘Surfshark’ in the search bar.
- Select the Surfshark application icon.
- Double click on the Get button. This will start the download of the application onto your Firestick TV.
- After the installation is done, hover over to the Burger Menu Symbol and launch the application.
- Enter your Surfshark subscription information including your username and password. If you do not yet have a subscription, go to the Surfshark website here.
- After you log in, you will see the main menu of the Surfshark application. Click on ‘Connect’ and select whichever server you need.
- When the pop-up to allow the connection appears, click on Yes or OK.
- After that, your connection icon should turn green. That is the way you will know you are successfully connected.
- You can ‘star’ the location you like most on your Surfshark application. Furthermore, locations usually show if they are under heavy use. Do not connect to heavily used servers because that will slow down your connection.
- If you want more security while using Surfshark, you can select the multihop feature. This feature reroutes your internet traffic through two consecutive tunnels. It makes it harder for anyone to track your activity or limit your bandwidth.
- You can also select the Static IP feature so you can use the same IP address every time. This is especially helpful for gamers and streamers because gaming servers sometimes detect a VPN and ban you.
And this is it. You can now connect to your Firestick TV with Surfshark and enjoy all of its features. If you face any trouble while connecting Surfshark to Firestick, clean your Firestick cache and try again. If that does not work, connect to a different server or country.
Conclusion – Surfshark on Firestick
Surfshark has risen quickly and efficiently in the VPN market in one year’s time. It offers affordable prices and good speeds. This VPN service has a variety of servers in 64 countries around the globe, along with a kill switch.
Furthermore, Surfshark has unlimited bandwidth so you can enjoy streaming, gaming and torrenting with no issues. It has a multi hop connection that reroutes your data through two consecutive tunnels. This helps you avoid any data breaches or IP leaks.
Also, Surfshark offers unlimited simultaneous connections. You can use Surfshark with as many devices as you want, including sharing it with your family members. This guide shows you how to connect Surfshark to Firestick. All you have to do is have a Surfshark subscription and to install the app on your Firestick TV.
Then, launch the Surfshark application, select the location and server and hit connect. Subsequently, you can enjoy watching your favorite media on Firestick while also ensuring your security, safety and speed.