As you probably already know, BritBox is not available outside the UK. In order to get around this restriction, you’ll need to use a BritBox VPN. Using a VPN allows you to trick BritBox into thinking you’re in the UK and therefore allows you to stream the service without any problems.
That said, not all VPNs work the same. Some VPNs might not work with BritBox entirely due to the aggressive blocks the streaming service dishes out. Which brings us to the objective of this article. We went ahead and tested 20 VPNs with BritBox so we can figuree out once and for all, which VPN is the absolute best BritBox VPN.
Quick Summary: Best BritBox VPN
We’ve done the testing, check out our top 5 VPN services that are guaranteed to work with BritBox:
NordVPN: Is the best BritBox VPN. While connected to NordVPN’s high speed servers, we were able to successfully unblock BritBox outside the UK. We were also able to stream in full HD without any buffering or loading time whatsoever. Our tests have shown that NordVPN is indeed the fastest VPN that can unblock BritBox. NordVPN is fast, reliable, adequately priced, and easy-to-use for VPN beginners.
Surfshark: A decent second choice for watching BritBox outside the UK. We were able to watch BritBox using Surfshark’s streaming servers. These servers are optimized for high speed streaming where you won’t have to deal with buffering even during peak times.
CyberGhost: Is an excellent all purpose VPN. We have verified that it does work with BritBox on any supported device. CyberGhost offers one of the best VPN apps out there, it’s full of useful features and includes a list of servers optimized for specific streaming services.
Private Internet Access: Another excellent option for unblocking BritBox outside the UK. PIA has been in the VPN business for over a decade. They offer experience and impeccable customer support. We were able to stream BritBox using PIA without any issues.
ExpressVPN: Although it’s one of the most popular VPNs on the market, ExpressVPN comes in last on our list because of it’s hiked up price. Basically, it’s the same quality of service as the other VPNs on our list but for a little more money. That said, ExpressVPN is a very good VPN, it can unblock BritBox as well as any other streaming service with ease.
- How to watch BritBox outside the UK
- How to choose the best BritBox VPN
- BritBox not working with VPN? Try these steps
- How to change BritBox region or country
- How to Activate your Britbox Account
- BritBox VPN FAQs
- BritBox VPN – Conclusion
How to watch BritBox outside the UK
Unfortunately, BritBox may not be available in your country. If you try to access the streaming service from anywhere outside the UK, you’ll be greeted with an error message that looks something like this.
You might be wondering. how does BritBox know where I am? They check your IP address and then correlate that address with a physical location. That’s how BritBox pins you down, once they know where you are, they can then block you if you’re outside the coverage area.
So, how do you solve the “BritBox not available in your country” error? You do that with the help of a VPN. A VPN allows you to change your IP address to a UK based IP, then BritBox will actually think you’re in the UK and consequently grants you access to the service.
How to choose the best BritBox VPN
In order to choose the best BritBox VPN, we went ahead and tested 20 of the top VPN providers in the business. Our tests focused on 4 main features that we believe are vital for a VPN to successfully and reliably unblock BritBox outside the UK.
Our main testing criteria are as follows:
- Ability to bypass the dynamic geographic restrictions set by BritBox
- High speed servers that allow for uninterrupted HD streaming
- Server availablitiy in regions where you can watch BritBox (UK, US, Canada, Australia, and South Africa)
- Refund policy for guaranteed satisfaction
After testing, we compiled a list of the top 5 BritBox VPN services, take a look at our recommendations below.
NordVPN – Best Choice For Watching BritBox Abroad
Can NordVPN unblock BritBox outside the UK? Yes it sure can! Not only that, it’s also the fastest VPN we’ve tested that can unblock BritBox. Furthermore, it’s compatible with every major platform and operating system so you can download the NordVPN app on any device you use for streaming.
Our tests have shown that NordVPN servers can easily unblock BritBox. We tested several UK servers, and they all worked without any connection or speed issues. The service just works and is relatively cheap considering the quality of service they provide along with 24/7 customer support.
- Fastest download speed among all VPN providers
- Affordable pricing with different bundles and offers. There is also a 30-day money back guarantee.
- 6 simultaneous devices per account
- Free threat protection including ad blocking, malware tracking and more
- 440+ servers in the UK
- Support for P2P applications (Torrenting)
- Browser extensions available for chrome and firefox
- Support for WireGuard protocol
Surfshark – Stream BritBox From Anywhere
Along with speed and unlimited simultaneous usage, SurfsharkVPN is definitely the ultimate money saving VPN with affordable rates. This VPN is relatively new in the VPN market but has since risen to popularity because of its features and high quality of service.
Check out some of those features below:
- 3000+ servers in 64 countries which you can use to bypass Britbox restrictions
- Zero-logs policy
- Cleanweb feature that blocks malware and ads
- IP and DNS leak protection
- Automatic kill switch
- Camouflage mode which helps you hide yourself even from your ISP
- Only VPN offering unlimited simultaneous connections
CyberGhost – Reliable VPN For Streaming BritBox
CyberGhost can unblock BritBox from anywhere in the world. All you have to do is launch the CyberGhost app, connect to a server in the UK and you’re done. It’s one of thee easiest VPN apps to use, they even have a separate category where you can choose servers that were specifically optimized for streaming, gaming, or torrenting depending on your needs.
- High speed servers optimized for streaming
- Servers optimized for low latency gaming
- Kill switch and leak protection
- Compatible with all major platforms including Linux, Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Includes a free ad blocker
- 45-day money-back guarantee
Private Internet Access – Unblock BritBox With Ease
With over a decade of experience in the VPN industry, PIA offers a complete VPN service. This VPN has everything, from security features to geo-unblocking and low latency gaming.
Our tests showed that PIA can in fact unblock BritBox as well as any other streaming service for that matter. You can download the PIA app on any streaming device and start watching BritBox outside the UK immediately.
- Bypass BritBox geo-blocks
- Unblock any streaming service from anywhere in the world
- Largest server network among all VPNs
- Double encryption and additional security features
- Easy-to-use apps for all devices
- Very cheap considering the value it provides
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN – Elite VPN For Watching BritBox
If you’ve been online at all the past few years, you’ve certainly seen an ExpressVPN ad or at least heard about it, it’s extremely popular. However, it does come in last on our list because of it’s slightly higher price.
Although the service is great and it does unblock BritBox, we take into account the price point. You can get the same service for a little less but if you like ExpressVPN, you can go ahead and buy it, we can confirm it works with BritBox.
- High speed servers for uninterrupted streaming
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- Military grade encryption (AES-256)
- A kill switch to protect your data from leaks
- 30-day money back guarantee.
BritBox not working with VPN? Try these steps
As you probably already now, BritBox is constantly trying to detect and block VPN users. Which is why you might at times get the “BritBox not working with VPN” error. No worries though, just follow the troubleshooting steps below and you’ll be good to go:
- Clear all browser cookies and cache
- If you’re using a mobile app, clear the app cache
- Change the VPN protocol in your app settings
- Connect to a different VPN server in the UK
If you follow the steps above, you should be able to get BritBox outside the UK. However, as mentioned earlier some VPNs simply don’t work because they’ve been blocked permanently. In such a case, no matter how much troubleshooting you do, it won’t matter. The only option left is to try a different VPN service altogether.
We recommend giving NordVPN a try, our tests have shown that it’s the best performing VPN for BritBox. It also doesn’t hurt that they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, which gives you ample time to test BritBox outside the UK before committing to a long-term VPN subscription.
How to change BritBox region or country
BritBox is available in 3 regions, UK, US, and Canada. Each of these regions offer slightly different content or library. Much like what Netflix does with their region based libraries. However, you can switch around between these regions fairly easily.
It’s really simple, all you have to do is follow these steps so you can change your BritBox region:
- Sign up with one of the VPNs we recommend (Choose NordVPN for best results)
- Download and open the VPN app on your device
- Connect to a server located in the UK, US, or Canada
- Clear your browser or app cache
- Open the BritBox website or app
How to Activate your Britbox Account
- Whatever device you might use to stream your Britbox, the first thing you need to do after changing your IP address is downloading the app.
- Visit their websites from desktop or phone to create an account. Choose your respective website based on your streaming medium:
- Firetv: https://www.britbox.com/connect/firetv
- Fetch: https://www.britbox.com/connect/fetch
- LG TV: https://www.britbox.com/connect/lg
- Samsung TV: https://www.britbox.com/connect/samsung
- If accessing from Android or Apple, simple enter your email address and personal information.
- Return to your downloaded Britbox app and sign in with your email and password.
BritBox VPN FAQs
Absolutley not! As we discussed earlier, BritBox is extremely aggressive in blocking VPNs. In fact they’re so effective at it, even some of the premium VPNs can’t bypass their geo-blocks. Which is why you shouldn’t waste your time testing out free VPNs with BritBox, it’ll never work.
Additionally, free VPNs are slow, not encrypted, and in most cases they’re selling your data off to a third party. That’s why it’s a “free” VPN!
Yes, it’s fully legal to use a BritBox VPN. You won’t be violating any copyright rules or laws. In fact, using a VPN to unblock streaming services like BritBox is the most common use for a VPN.
However, keep in mind that in a select few countries, the use of VPNs for any purpose is considered illegal. If you live in a country with heavy internet censorship, you should consider using cryptocurrencies to purchase your VPN subscription. That will allow for additional anonymity and ultimately conceals your identity.
In addition to the UK, BritBox is available in several other countries including USA, Canada, Australia, and South Africa. If you happen to live anywhere else, you’re going to need a VPN to access BritBox.
BritBox VPN – Conclusion
If you’re looking for a BritBox VPN that works, then you’re in the right place. We’ve tested several VPNs and came up with a list of the top 5 VPN service providers that are confirmed working with BritBox.
No need for you to go through the trails and tribulations of testing out VPNs to see which one is the best, we’ve done all that work for you.
RELATED: MLB TV VPN GUIDE