PlayerUnkown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) is one of the most popular games today. With over 480 thousand active players, the game has dominated the massive multiplayer genre for a while now. As a result of that success other similar Battle Royale games have since popped up and found tremendous success like Call of Duty Warzone, and Fortnite.
That said, along with the popularity came issues and concerns regarding player addiction. Some countries even classified the game as dangerous and opted to ban it completely. The list of countries banning PUBG may be subject to change as more countries move to partially or fully block access to the game. However as of today PUBG is banned in India, Jordan, Iraq, Nepal, Pakistan, and China.
There’s a solution for everything though. You can still download and play PUBG in banned countries with a VPN. A VPN allows you to change your IP address to one that isn’t in a banned country. In doing so you avoid getting blocked. Additionally you can use a PUBG VPN to reduce your lag/latency, protect your account from hackers, get mythic items in crate openings, and play in any region you want.
Quick Guide: Best VPN For PUBG
- NordVPN: Our #1 choice for PUBG. With the fastest bandwidth speed we’ve tested so far, this VPN can help you with lag/latency issues, get legendary and mythic items in crate openings, play in different regions, bypass IP bans and regional restrictions, and protect you from hackers. 30-day money-back guarantee included.
- Surfshark: Excellent second choice for online gaming. It’s a bit cheaper than some of it’s competitors and you also get to connect all your devices with one account, no limits. 30-day money-back guarantee included.
- CyberGhostVPN: Best value for money VPN available. High speed and low latency servers provide a significant boost in your gaming experience. The app is easy-to-use and comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- ExpressVPN: Top quality VPN provider with blazing fast speed and military-grade encryption. Although a bit more expensive than the 3 providers above it, ExpressVPN delivers in terms of speed, reliability, and security. 30-day money-back guarantee included.
Best VPN for PUBG
Choosing the best VPN for gaming in general and PUBG in particular is a tricky task. You have to get a few things right to make sure you’re actually getting value for your money.
After testing multiple VPN products with different types of games, I’ve concluded that the key elements in any good gaming VPN are:
- Speed: VPN servers need to be optimized for high speed connections and a large number of concurrent users.
- Stability: Connections stability is extremely important since any sudden drop can lead to an immediate disconnection from some games.
- Availability: Ideally a premium VPN provider should have high speed servers available all over the world and a lot of them. More options for users means less congestion on the VPN network and therefore leads to a better performance for you.
- High speed/low latency servers so you can play PUBG without any lag.
- Fastest bandwidth speed among top tier VPNs
- Recommended for other games like Valorant and Among Us.
- 1970 servers in the US and 5800 worldwide
- SmartPlay feature guarantees fastest connection available
- You can use up-to 6 devices simultaneously
- Apps for all devices (iOS, Android, PC, Mac, Linux, Routers)
- Browser extensions for Chrome, Opera, and Firefox
- Split tunneling feature
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-Day Money-Back guarantee
The best VPN for PUBG in 2021. NordVPN offers high speed servers with stable connections and a network spanning 64+ countries. When it comes to speed, stability, and availability, it checks all the boxes.
Additionally you benefit from AES-256 bit encryption protecting your data and game profiles as long as you’re connected to a NordVPN server. The VPN comes with an adblocker included and can be installed on any operating system. The company maintains a strict no-logs policy so you can rest assured none of your internet activity is being recorded.
This VPN works flawlessly with PUBG on all platforms and in all countries including China. Furthermore you can ask for a full refund according to their 30-day money-back guarantee policy.
- Fast and reliable connection so you can play PUBG Mobile, Steam, Lite, or GameLoop
- 3200+ servers worldwide
- Full support for anonymous torrenting
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unblock any website anywhere
- Compatible with PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, and more
- 30-Day Money-Back guarantee
Surfshark offers a great value for money deal as one of the most renowned security oriented VPNs on the market. You can use Surfshark to unblock PUBG in any of the banned countries mentioned earlier except China.
The service provides access to 3200+ high speed servers all over the world with full P2P support for torrent lovers. Surfshark’s vast server network can pretty much unblock any website, streaming service, or game out there.
Furthermore you have a no-logs policy and a 30-day money-back guarantee to be sure that your privacy is protected and so is your investment.
- A fast and reliable PUBG VPN
- Servers optimized for gaming (high speed/low ping)
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Works flawlessly with Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, CBS, NBC, and more
- Compatible with most operating systems including Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Chrome, Linux, Routers, Xbox
- Connect up-to 7 devices simultaneously
- 24/7 live chat support
- 45-Day Money-Back guarantee
CyberGhost is an excellent choice for a PUBG VPN. With high speed servers and low latency, this VPN allows you to play PUBG in any region with minimal lag.
The service includes DNS leak protection, IP leak test, and AES-256 bit encryption for maximum security. On top of that you also have a no-logs policy safeguarding user’s privacy online.
Additionally you can use CyberGhost VPN to bypass geo-blocks and watch your favorite shows and sports events anytime anywhere. Just in case you run into any technical issues, the 24/7 live chat support team is waiting for you. The company is so confident in their product they’re offering a 45-day money-back guarantee with all subscription packages.
- Ultra fast servers and unlimited bandwidth so you can play PUBG on any platform without interruptions
- Use the MediaStreamer feature (Smart DNS) on devices that don’t support VPN connections
- Connect up-to 5 devices simultaneously
- 3000+ servers worldwide that can unblock anything
- AES-256 bit encryption
- 30-Day Money-Back guarantee
- Compatible with all operating systems
ExpressVPN is a marquee name the VPN industry and for good reason. They offer a complete all purpose VPN for all your streaming, gaming, and privacy needs. Granted it’s a bit more expensive than almost all other VPNs out there, but they certainly make up for it with high quality performance and premium 24/7 live chat support.
Additional features like the kill switch, and DNS leak protection will protect your data in case anything goes wrong so you’re never left exposed online.
The company is located in the British Virgin Islands and maintains a network of over 3000 VPN servers spread across 94 countries. With ExpressVPN, you enjoy a no-logs policy you can trust and a 30-day money-back guarantee included with every plan as well.
Using a VPN For PUBG Mobile To Get Mythic Items
Yes it’s true! You can use your PUBG VPN to get legendary and mythic items in crate openings. It’s very easy to do and can be repeated as many times as you like.
Follow this quick guide to get legendary and mythic crate items in PUBG Mobile:
- Download the VPN app on your mobile device.
- Log in with your VPN credentials.
- Connect to a server located in South Korea, USA, or Canada.
- Start the PUBG app and open crates b y clicking 10 times on any mythic item.
PUBG VPN FAQs
Yes, you can use a VPN to download and play PUBG Mobile on iOS and Android phones. If you’re having connectivity issues, a VPN is the best way around that.
Using a VPN for PUBG will not get you banned. However using an aimbot, wallhack or any kind of hack will get you banned with or without a VPN. Seriously, don’t be that dude, just learn how to aim.
Yes, a PUBG Steam VPN will help you reduce lag and play in different regions if you choose to. It’s also a great way to explore the diverse PUBG playing styles all over the world.
You simply need to connect to a VPN server in the region you want to join, then start PUBG and you’ll be automatically placed in the specified region’s lobby.
Yes, you can change your Google Play Store and Apple Store regions using a VPN. This will allow you to download and play the game in countries where the game is banned.
Yes, the same method applies to PUBG Lite. A VPN will stabilize your connection and reduce your lag while allowing you to play anywhere in the world.
It depends on what you’re looking for. If you want easier competition, try a country where PUBG isn’t all that famous like Russia or the UK.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to exploit the mythic crate openings glitch, head over to a US or Canadian server.
Yes, you can use a VPN for the PUBG emulator just as you would for the Steam version. It can help reduce lag and place you in different lobbies as well.
PUBG VPN Additional Benefits
Yes it does, In fact VPNs where first intended to be security and encryption tools. Later on the use of VPNs evolved to much more than just that. Now people use VPNs to bypass geo-blocks for streaming services, games, and shopping websites. Additionally it can be very beneficial if you participate in any social media platform and happen to value your privacy.
Changing your IP address allows you to move around the globe seamlessly while the strong encryption ensures you remain safe and protected throughout the process.
Companies have also adopted VPNs as a secure way for employees to connect to company servers from home. While eliminating cyber threats is nearly impossible, VPNs are an excellent tool to guard against hackers and intruders.
Best VPN for PUBG – Conclusion
PUBG getting banned in a number of countries is certainly a big disappointment for it’s passionate fanbase in those respective countries (India, Jordan, Iraq, Nepal, Pakistan, and China).
That said, you can workaround this issue and unblock PUBG from anywhere in the world. All you need is a good VPN provider and you’ll be ready for “chicken dinners” all day. Furthermore a VPN can help reduce you’re lag/latency, allow you to play in any region around the world, bypass block, bans, and censorship. On top of that, you can use the PUBG VPN to get legendary and mythic items in special crate openings.
Follow this quick guide to play PUBG with a VPN:
- Subscribe to a recommended VPN for PUBG.
- Download the VPN app on your gaming device.
- Login to the VPN app.
- Open the server menu and select a location you want to play in.
- Click connect and check that your IP address has changed.
- Open PUBG Steam, Mobile, Lite, or GameLoop and good luck.