Is anything better than having one application that combines all the media that you need in one place? Popcorn Time is a streaming app that scrapes external links and torrents from third parties. The application uses torrenting technology to stream the media files on its service.
Popcorn Time allows its users to search for a movie or a TV show and then finds it for them. The user receives the torrented file in HD quality and with subtitles. This application is beneficial for anyone who likes to stream movies for free and Popcorn Time always has all the new content available.
The Best Features of Popcorn Time
Popcorn Time has many things to offer its users, these include:
- Large Media Content
Popcorn Time has access to all the torrents across all of the popular torrent sites. This means that there is nothing that you can’t find on this streaming application.
- Zero Restrictions
Unlike many streaming applications, Popcorn Time does not have restrictions that annoy its users. You can easily choose whichever movie or Tv series you want to want and watch it all day long.
- No Download Delay
When you attempt to torrent, you need to wait for hours for your downloads to end. This depends on your internet speed but with Popcorn Time, all you need is a stable connection and the app will play the content for you.
- Accessible and Available
This streaming application is available on all platforms; all you have to do is download it. Popcorn Time also has an elegant and easy-to-use interface that grabs the torrent files for you and streams them.
Unfortunately, the only downside this application has is the dangers of having your IP address exposed. Since Popcorn Time uses torrents from the internet, it is very likely that you can face legal troubles or IP throttling and other cybersecurity threats. To get rid of this issue, you need to use a VPN service.
A Virtual Private Network changes your IP address and subsequently, protects your online identity. Whether you want to protect your privacy or to avoid legal issues, a VPN does it all.
Why Use a VPN with Popcorn Time?
As mentioned above, there are many threats that can lead to closed roads and frustration while streaming online. Some of the most dangerous issues that you can face without a VPN are:
Your internet service provider monitors your IP address and its activity. Yes, this is completely legal and within his right. However, you are also allowed to change that IP address and escape his lurking. To do so, using a VPN is the easiest route you can take.
A VPN changes your IP address from your real and physical location to another location in a different country. You can select between thousands of servers and each of these servers offer thousands of IP addresses.
To sum it up, the options are limitless. When you change your IP address, your ISP can no longer monitor you, and subsequently, cannot throttle your bandwidth. Throttling your bandwidth means that your streaming will slow down and you will find trouble watching your favorite media on Popcorn Time.
Legal Issues with Copyright
All content is copyrighted, and hence, when you want to torrent files from the internet, you are invading these copyright laws. All you want to do is watch your favorite film and therefore, you mean no harm. But if caught, you can get large fines or even go to jail. To avoid these consequences, you can easily connect to a VPN.
The VPN changes your IP address so if you want to torrent files on Popcorn Time, no one can track you. Also, VPNs have a zero-logs policy and that means that your information is not logged to the VPN servers. If the authorities demand your information, the VPNs don’t give it to them.
Moreover, most VPNs use servers that share IP addresses. Hence, thousands of people might have the same IP address while connected to a VPN. This makes the legal chase impossible. Hence, you can enjoy streaming Popcorn Time with a VPN and have no issues.
Another cybersecurity threat that is common is malware. Malware are malicious software that latch onto your device and network and corrupt your files. Malware is faulty links, viruses, corrupt files and even spy devices. Once you click on the wrong link, or access it through a torrent file, the malware compromises your device.
It later on sells your information to third parties or makes you pay for it as ransom. Most VPNs use anti-malware features that block malware and protect you when you are online. This is also an addition to the encryption that VPNs offer. Military-grade encryption secures your traffic and allows your data to flow freely and smoothly.
The Criteria to Choose the Best VPNs
To make sure that you choose the best VPN for Popcorn Time, you need to pay attention to some criteria. They are:
- Privacy: Make sure that your VPN has a no-logs policy and doesn’t track your online activity.
- Security: Make sure that your VPN has military-grade encryption that secures your traffic and reroutes it through its own servers.
- Compatibility: Your chosen VPN must have P2P friendly servers. P2P is the peer-to-peer file sharing that occurs to allow torrenting.
- Speed: The most vital part of streaming is the internet speed. Make sure that your VPN has acceptable performance and protocols to help you remain lag-free.
Best Popcorn Time VPNs
Some of the best VPNs for Popcorn Time are
This VPN features the following advantages:
- 5,000+ servers in 84 countries so that you can choose between many regions.
- A kill switch that cuts off your connection to prevent data leaks.
- Optimized servers for streaming which speed up your performance.
- P2P friendly servers for torrenting.
- NordLynx protocol which also offers speed for streaming.
- No-Logs policy and doesn’t track your online activity.
- CyberSec feature which gets rid of malware and ads.
- 7-day free trial and 30-day money back guarantee.
- Surfshark VPN has the following advantages:
- Military-grade encryption to secure your internet traffic against threats.
- CleanWeb feature that blocks ads and malware to ensure your online safety.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming Popcorn Time.
- P2P friendly servers for torrenting.
CyberGhost VPN has a variety of features that include:
- 5,000+ servers from more than 84 countries around the world.
- NoSpy servers that secure your connection and prevent third-party spying.
- Multi-hop connection that reroutes your data through two VPN tunnels.
- Seven simultaneous connections.
- Accessible and elegant interface so that you can connect easily.
- Available on all platforms.
- 45-day money back guarantee.
This VPN presents its users with:
- 3,000+ servers in 94 countries so that you can easily change your IP address.
- FireFox and Chrome extensions so that you can use it anywhere.
- A kill switch and a zero-logs policy for privacy.
- Military-grade encryption to secure your data.
- Anti-malware feature to block ads and malware.
- Unlimited bandwidth so that you can enjoying streaming Popcorn Time.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
Conclusion – VPNs for Popcorn Time
In conclusion, Popcorn Time is a reliable streaming application that torrents files from third parties all around the internet. Therefore, if you want to feel secure in your connection and streaming, you need a VPN service.
A VPN service ensures that your data remains private and encrypts it by rerouting it through its own servers. This helps you avoid IP throttling and also other cybersecurity threats like malware. Subsequently, you can enjoy streaming Popcorn Time with all of its media content with no trouble.