Players of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty Warzone 2 can now download the eagerly awaited Call of Duty Season 2 Reloaded update. This round of Call of Duty DLC began in February with the launch of a new Ashika Island Battle Royale map, as well as Multiplayer Ranked Play. An additional wave of content was declared earlier this month, accompanied by a puzzling hint that the infamous Shredder of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would be the most recent Call of Duty crossover character.
Recent news revealed that a new Shredder operator skin would be part of the upcoming Call of Duty Season 2 Reloaded DLC, as part of a Tracer Pack Operator Bundle, allowing players to use ninjitsu techniques against foes. The DLC is also introducing a 6v6 Himmelmatt Expo map, a Raid mission to find a lost warhead, the Tempus Torrent Marksman Rifle, and other rewards. The long-awaited content is now available, as Call of Duty Season 2 Reloaded is now live.
The Call of Duty website has released patch notes indicating that Season 2 Reloaded will include a Saint Patrick’s Day event, a Party Finder feature to help players find teammates for a Raid, and bug fixes and weapon rebalances. For PC gamers, there is now the option of selecting stereo or surround sound audio outputs and manually disabling or recalibrating the Gyro controller function. Additionally, an Inverted Flash accessibility setting has been added, allowing players to switch the flash effect on the flashbang grenade from white to black if they find it uncomfortable.
Amidst the uncertainty accompanying Microsoft’s acquisition of Call of Duty parent company Activision Blizzard, the long-running military FPS franchise is still receiving continued support from its publisher. As an example of this, Modern Warfare 2‘s Season 2 Reloaded content is being released, and players will also get to experience the game’s multiplayer for free during a special event later in the month.
Players can now enjoy the new features of Season 2 Reloaded of Call of Duty when they download the update starting today. The update brings exciting additions and improvements to both Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty Warzone 2, such as the Shredder character, the Raid mission to find a missing warhead, and the new Marksman Rifle.
As Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2.0 gets ready for Season 3, a mid-season patch titled Season 2 Reloaded has been released. The patch is part of Activision’s free content and looks to address minor issues, add new features, and commemorate Warzone‘s third anniversary in March.
The mid-season 2 patch, called Reloaded, is being released on March 15th at 9 AM pacific time. This update is being launched in both Call of Duty MW2 & Warzone 2 and will include the addition of a new multiplayer map, weapon, and operator plus Raid episode 2, Camo Challenges, and an anniversary event.
The mid-season update for COD Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 has been released for the second time, with the original one taking place in December 2022. This update brought in a new operator, Klaus Fisker, and a new gun, Chimera, as part of Season 1 Reloaded.
Noteworthy Events in Warzone 2’s Season 2 Reloaded
This season of Warzone 2 brings plenty of exciting new features for players to explore. The mid-season update has a wide variety of fresh content, from new weapons and maps to a new battle pass with rewards. Players can look forward to new game modes such as Armor Royale and Fire Sale, as well as a new Gulag experience with more options and a more realistic environment. Additionally, the update also adds small but meaningful tweaks such as improved aim assist and various bug fixes. All in all, it’s sure to be an exciting season of Warzone 2.
In this update, the Himmelmatt Expo map, The Tempus Torrent Marksman Rifle, and the brand-new social feature, Party Queuing have been included as highlights. Other changes worth mentioning are Raid Episode 2, Camo Challenge, and Anniversary Celebration.
Details of the latest update for COD Warzone 2 Season 2 have been released in the patch notes:
- Himmelmatt Expo was added to MW2 as a 6V6 Core Map.
- Returning Drop Zone, All or Nothing, and One in the Chamber party game modes.
- Warzone 2 commemorating its third anniversary with a seven-day event of collectibles.
- Path of the Ronin event expansion includes the new Winds of Ash weapon Camo.
- Introducing the Tempus Torrent DMR.
- The Shredder Operator and Bundle with Oroku (shotgun), Saki (assault rifle), and Steel Claws (melee).
- Padraig’s Pandemonium Bundle featuring the Tracer Pack, Off Kilter skin, Shamrock LMG blueprint, and Scian combat knife blueprint.
- Bone Chiller Bundle presents Gilded Reaper Ghost skin, Skull Breaker, and Bone Shaker blueprints.
- Generation XRX Bundle offers six tactical wares for Farah plus Ectoplasmic and Resurge blueprints.
- Raid Bundle with High Rise skin for Captain Price and Retrospective and 2019 SMG blueprints.
- Deepwater Bundle provides a new Ghost skin, Loch, and two blueprints: The Depths and The Tentacle.
- Party Queuing feature for reserving a place in a friend’s match lobby.
- Mangaka Call of Duty Artwork, a collection of Manga art inspired by COD Warzone Season 2.
- Major III Call of Duty League.
- Premium XP for Warzone 2.0 players who own MW2.
- Shuriken was temporarily removed from the game.
- Possibility of a St. Patrick’s Day limited-time event.
Activision has released the Reloaded patch as part of Season 2, which includes a few classic COD features from earlier games as well as some new content. This is a welcomed update that could potentially reinvigorate the online multiplayer for Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 as the gaming community anticipates the arrival of Season 3.
RELATED: WARZONE 2 VPN GUIDE