Quick Guide: Best NBA League Pass VPN
These VPNs can bypass NBA League Pass blackout restrictions for the 2021 season. The best NBA League Pass VPN is NordVPN, it’s the fastest VPN that can bypass blackouts.
NBA League Pass is by far the best platform to live stream NBA games, replays, and highlights. However, regional blackouts still apply which means you won’t be able to watch the games online if a TV broadcaster in your area owns the rights to these games. Which is the case all across the US and Canada. That said, you can use a VPN to bypass NBA League Pass blackouts and watch all the games live in HD quality.
The 2020/2021 NBA season is set to start on December 22. The season will start with one of the most anticipated matchups as the defending champions, the Los Angeles Lakers take on the Clippers. NBA fans have been waiting for this matchup since the Clippers shamefully lost to the Denver Nuggets in the conference semi-finals after being up 3-1 in the series. The storylines and new signings that occurred during summer only add to the drama and rivalry between the 2 LA teams.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the NBA regular season will consist of 72 games only as apposed to the usual 82.
NBA League Pass VPN – The Basics
Unfortunately you can’t watch NBA League Pass games in countries or cities where cable TV providers own the broadcasting rights. They utilize Blackouts to prevent online streaming of NBA games.
If you try to watch live games in a blackout region you’ll get an error message similar to the one below:
Additionally you have blackouts for all nationally broadcasted games on ESPN, abc, TNT, and NBA TV. You’ll get an error similar to this:
Once you visit the NBA League Pass app or website, they check your IP address and determine your physical location. If you happen to be in one of the blackout regions, you’ll get the above errors.
In order to bypass these blackouts and gain access to live games, you’ll need to use a VPN. A VPN allows you to change your IP address by connecting to a VPN server in a country where blackouts are not enforced. Connect to any server location outside the blackout region and you’ll be able to bypass NBA League Pass blackouts.
Best NBA League Pass VPN
I’ve tested many VPNs with NBA League Pass over the years and while most of them work, they don’t all provide the same quality of service. If you’re looking to stream games in HD quality without buffering, you’re going to need fast servers, unlimited bandwidth, and a VPN that doesn’t get blocked.
All 4 VPNs have been tested and confirmed to be working. Choose the provider and package that best suites your needs. However, we recommend NordVPN as the best NBA League Pass VPN because of the complete package it offers. It’s the fastest VPN we’ve tested that can bypass NBA League Pass blackouts as well as MLB.tv blackouts.
- High speed servers to watch live NBA League Pass games in full HD without buffering
- 1970 servers in the US and 5800 worldwide
- SmartPlay feature guarantees fastest connection available
- You can use up-to 6 devices simultaneously
- Apps for all devices (iOS, Android, PC, Mac, Linux, Routers)
- Browser extensions for Chrome, Opera, and Firefox
- Split tunneling feature
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-Day Money-Back guarantee
NordVPN is an elite all purpose VPN that you can use to unblock streaming services and bypass NBA League Pass blackouts. But that’s not all, you can also use the VPN to play online games with minimal lag. Furthermore NordVPN’s high level encryption secures your data during any of these activities.
The service provides access to over 5800 locations around the world with full P2P support. You can use any torrent client with NordVPN including Bittorrent and Utorrent.
The Panama based company maintains a zero-logs policy and is very transparent regarding this issue. They regularly order independent audits of their logs policy and post the results on their website for all users to see.
A NordVPN subscription includes the CyberSec suite which blocks ads, trackers, and malware so you can surf the web safely.
Additionally you have 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee protecting your investment if you change your mind or the product isn’t as good as advertised.
- Bypass NBA League Pass blackouts with an easy one-click process
- Fastest bandwidth speed among top tier VPNs
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Works flawlessly with Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, CBS, NBC, and more
- Compatible with most operating systems including Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android, Chrome, Linux, Routers, Xbox
- Connect up-to 7 devices simultaneously
- 24/7 live chat support
- 45-Day Money-Back guarantee
CyberGhost provides a reliable service at an attractive price. You can bypass geo-blocks and NBA League Pass blackouts with this VPN. It’s compatible on most devices. If you have any technical issues, there’s a 24/7 live chat support team waiting to take your inquiries.
It’s one of the very few VPNs that work flawlessly in heavy censorship countries like China, Iran, Turkey, and Russia. A zero-logs policy is in place to protect user’s privacy and ensure their online anonymity.
The company is so confident in their product they’re willing to offer you a 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee with all subscription plans.
- Ultra fast servers and unlimited bandwidth so you can watch NBA League Pass live in HD quality
- Use the MediaStreamer feature (Smart DNS) to watch NBA League Pass games on any streaming device
- Connect up-to 5 devices simultaneously
- 3000+ servers worldwide that can unblock anything
- AES-256 bit encryption
- 30-Day Money-Back guarantee
- Compatible with all operating systems
ExpressVPN is an excellent choice for all your VPN needs. A vast network of over 3000 servers ensures that you can unblock anything anywhere. ExpressVPN servers are optimized for high speed streaming in Ultra HD quality and full P2P support for torrenting.
The company utilizes the AES-256 bit encryption algorithm to secure your data as long as you’re connected to an ExpressVPN server. Additionally you can count on this product to deliver when it comes to bypassing geo-blocks and in particular NBA League Pass blackouts. It works like a charm!
You can ask for a full refund within 30 days of your purchase if anything goes wrong or you simply change your mind.
Private Internet Access
- Fast and reliable connection so you can bypass NBA League Pass blackouts without buffering
- 20,222+ servers worldwide
- Full support for anonymous torrenting
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unblock any website anywhere
- Compatible with PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, and more
- 30-Day Money-Back guarantee
PIA can also bypass NBA League Pass blackouts with ease. The service provides access to 20000+ servers spread across the world. High speed optimization and P2P support ensure that you won’t have any trouble streaming in HD/4K quality or downloading torrents.
Furthermore you benefit from advanced security and encryption features like split tunneling, leak testing, and ad blocker. Private Internet Access maintains a solid zero-logs policy and offers a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee just in case.
What else can you do with a VPN?
VPNs are essentially complex multi-layered security tools, so naturally you can use them for a lot more than just unblocking streaming services and bypassing regional blackouts.
Casual internet users as well as organizations and professionals use VPNs in their every day online activities. Such activities include but are not limited to:
- Working from home: It’s extremely important to connect to your company or business network through a secure channel. Hackers and intruders will pounce on the opportunity to exploit weaknesses in your home network. A VPN can secure your connection and prevent threats from ever materializing.
- Online Shopping: If you use your credit cards online, you absolutely should use a VPN. It protects your personal info including your payment details. Your traffic is encrypted so that hackers can’t use or manipulate sensitive credit card information.
- Online Gaming: If you play NBA 2K or any other multiplayer game, you’ve probably experienced lag issues, DDoS attacks, or lost a game because you can’t speak the same language as your teammates. A good gaming VPN will solve all those issues. You can even get early access to some DLC if you switch regions (Don’t do this on steam you’ll get banned).
Bypass NBA League Pass Blackouts with Smart DNS
Smart DNS is an alternative method that also allows you to bypass NBA League Pass blackouts. A Smart DNS configuration deals with DNS requests only instead of routing your entire traffic through the VPN tunnel. Selecting specific relevant traffic and disregarding all the rest can lead to a better performance.
It causes less network congestion than VPNs do which should translate to higher bandwidth speed on your end. Additionally you can set up Smart DNS on devices that don’t natively support VPN connections.
Many people prefer streaming on Apple TV for example, which does not support VPNs. However you can easily configure Smart DNS in your Apple TV settings.
The following providers offer a reliable Smart DNS configuration along with their VPN service at no extra cost:
NBA League Pass Subscription Packages
- League Pass International: includes access to all live games, full replays, top 10’s, highlights, pre-game and post-game interviews. All the NBA action you could possibly want. On the other hand you can choose to subscribe to your team’s games only and not the whole league.
- League Pass US: With the US subscription you have the option to skip commercials and subscribe to NBA TV as well which are perks the international version lacks. You can also include NBA TV as an add-on with any plan at an extra cost of $59.99 Annually or $6.99 Monthly.
|All Teams (No Commercials)||$39.99||$249.00|
|All Teams (With Commercials)||$28.99||$199.00|
NBA League Pass Supported Devices
The app is available on most platforms and is fairly easy to use. You can download the app on the following devices:
- Android TV
- Kindle Fire
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Xbox One
NBA League Pass VPN – Bottom Line
The 2020/2021 NBA season is about to start and with no fans allowed in stadiums yet, the demand for NBA League Pass is through the roof. Unfortunately, the service does not provide live access to games for users in the US and Canada due to cable broadcasting rights.
However, there’s an easy solution for this nuisance. You need a VPN to bypass NBA League Pass blackouts in the US and Canada.
If you have a US League Pass subscription you need to connect to a server outside your home team city. Example: If you live in Los Angeles or Phoenix and want to watch the Lakers x Suns game, connect to a VPN server in a third city like Miami.
If you have an International League Pass, connecting to any server outside the US and Canada will work for any game.
Follow this quick guide to bypass blackouts with an NBA League Pass VPN:
- Sign up with a recommended NBA League Pass VPN (I have tested these and confirmed they can bypass NBA League Pass blackouts).
- Download the VPN app on your preferred streaming device.
- Log in with the account you used to sing up in step 1.
- Connect to a server outside your blacked out region.
- That’s it, you can now watch the games live on NBA League Pass.